My lil family!
Actions speak louder than words, always.
And since I am dead, I can take off my head, to recite Shakespearian Quotation.
Briseis Rose is 4 and FULL of just about everything you can imagine...sugar, spice, attitude, sweetness, orneriness....
Gabriel Alexander is 2 and is constantly in full throttle mode! He has his cuddly moments but he's all boy, and all daddy.
Odin Artorius was born June 23rd, at 1:15AM, weighing 7 lbs 6 oz, 20.5 inches long. He was so calm! The nurses were worried that he wasn't crying very much but I could see that he was very alert and looking around when he was laying on my belly. He's easy to please and definitely a lot more like his sister than his brother (attitude wise...she was very calm and relaxed too)
Can't wait to get to know him and see what kind of person he'll turn into!
My family is complete - no more children for me -- I had a tubal ligation.
All three were OOPS babies. My daughter has a different dad than both my sons.
The ability to put your past behind you is valuable, looking back too often leads to stumbles and falls. Looking forward is the only way to push past the next hardest thing.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke - want yours to break? try teaching a tongue twister to a two year old...
I support Breastfeeding! I don't condemn mothers who don't, but it IS the best choice you can make for yourself and your baby, and formula will NEVER compare. The human race exists because once upon a time, stores didn't exist, and breastfeeding was the only choice women had.
I support spanking, as long as it is done the right way. and yes, there is a right way.
General guidelines for the 'right' way to spank
1. Never out of your own anger, irritation, frustration
2. always as a direct result from the child's behavior/actions
3. always as a last resort, after warnings and other methods (time outs, removal from the situation, removal of the toy/object, distraction, etc) have not worked
4. always explain afterward WHY it happened (after the child has calmed down). My daughter is ALWAYS able to tell me why she got a spanking.
5. after explanation, reinforce that you still love your child NO MATTER WHAT. (I always end those conversations with "mommy always loves you, even if she's mad or upset, even when you aren't listening or being good, mommy always loves you bunches")
I also believe immediate spanking is acceptable for dangerous behavior. (running into the street, playing with dangerous objects...etc)
I am AGAINST elective abortions. They should NOT be completely illegal, because certain women need them (ectopic pregnancies...), but they should NOT be a 'choice', if you had the 'choice' in having sex. Argue me all you want, but Sex is first and foremost PROCREATION. if you don't want a baby with person B, don't have sex. Regardless of your own gender. Argue that it's enjoyable and natural, yes. yes it is. But if it didn't qualify as those things, we wouldn't do it, and therefore we wouldn't exist as a species.
Circumcision - I leave that decision up to daddy. I don't have a penis. I have no idea how they operate as a personal organ. Why should I make a decision regarding something I don't have?