My name is Erin and I am in a wonderful relationship with an amazing guy, Billy. We are expecting our first child (a little boy!) and couldn't be happier that everything is going so smoothly. I'm in my 3rd trimester, and though there have been a few bumps in the road, I have had a pretty easy pregnancy. A little sickness in the beginning (well, all day nausea, but no vomiting), plantar fasciitis (no fun), and a little too much weight gain, but overall, can't complain too much.
I plan to be a:
cloth diaper attempting
gender role ignoring
type of mom.
Is this the first child?:
ABOUT THE DADDY
Is this the first child?:
1. What day did you find out you were pregnant?:
April 28th, 2012
2. How did you feel when you found out?:
I was in shock. Even though we had been trying for 2.5 months, we had gotten so many negative test that I just felt like it would never be positive. I really didn't have any "symptoms" for being almost 5 weeks (I also didn't think I was that far along I guess).
3. Who was with you?:
Billy was sort of there when I took the test. Asleep 2 feet away. When I got a positive test I invited my cousin over and one of my best friends to tell. I couldn't keep it a secret for 5 minutes.
4. How did the daddy react?:
We were both anxiously awaiting a positive test for months, but when I took this one, Billy was sleeping because he had been working so much. I woke him up to tell him and I think it took a few days for him to process it. After that he has been excited since then.
TELLING THE PARENTS
1. How did your parents react?:
I thought my mom was going to kill me and I thought my dad was going to kill mom, followed by Billy, and then me.
2. How did his parents react?:
His parents were supportive.
3. How often do they call to check on you?:
I talk to my mom every day, my dad a few times a week. His dad doesn't check up on us, but his mom definitely does!
ABOUT THE PREGNANCY
1. When is your due date?:
January 2nd, 2013
2. How far along are you right now?:
12 weeks 1 day
3. Have you had an ultra sound?:
Yes, 2 of them.
4. Have you heard the heartbeat?:
Yeah, we heard it at 9 weeks.
SEX OF THE BABY
1. What do you want, Boy or Girl?:
I want a girl, Billy wants a boy, but we will be thrilled either way.
2. Do you know what you are having now?:
3. Are you happy with what you are having?:
ABOUT THE BIRTH
1. Who is going to be with you?:
Billy for sure, and not sure who else.
2. Are you going to video tape it?:
3. Natural or medicated?:
Haven't decided yet.
4. Do you think you will have a c-section?:
I hope not!
5. Do you think you will cry when you first hold your baby?:
I have no idea what will happen.
6. Do you know what you will say to the baby when you first hold it?:
I think that will come naturally.
7. Are you scared about the labor?:
I try not to think about it.
1. Do you have a name picked out?:
Yes and no. We have names that we like, but no official name will be given to we see him or her.
2. Is your baby going to be named after anyone?:
One of our babies will be named after both of our families, just not sure which baby.
3. Did the daddy help pick the name?:
OTHER RANDOM QUESTIONS
1. Where was your baby conceived?:
Most likely on our bed. April was not an adventurous month.
2. Have you felt the baby move?:
Nope. Not yet.
3. What was your first symptom?:
I had back pain, which I didn't know was a symptom. I thought I pulled a muscle. So the first symptom I noticed was missed period.
4. Will you have godparents?:
Godparent. His brother.
5. What will the baby's race be ?:
White. Unless some crazy mutation occurs, at which point I have no idea.
6. What is the babys room theme?:
Neutral and Safari.
7. Are you ready to be a mommy?:
I sure hope so.
8. What do you think the baby will be a "daddys girl/boy" or a "mommys girl/boy"?:
Momma's boy for sure.