Hello, my name is Alisha.
I live in Newfoundland, Canada. I am 17 years old & I am a full time mommy to a Little BOY!
He arrived via emergency c section March 19th 2013, 7:11am. Weighing 8lbs 15.3oz and 52cm long. I was induced march 18th they geld me 3 times between 1:10pm - 12am. i didn't dilate and my cervix didn't open. by 4:30am my contractions where 1min apart and i was crawling in pain. when they FINALLY came in to check my little mans heart rate it was down to 90! and within 30mins i was getting my spinal when they opened me up his cord was wrapped around his neck TWICE and he was after having his first bowl movement inside of me. and was still pooping right up until they washed him off! They told me if the nurses would have waited another half hour or so to check on us we both wouldn't have made it. They also told me that he should of been born around march 8th, that i was over due. due to the lack of circulation in his hands and feet from being so squat and all his skin was peeling very badly. Luckily we are both perfectly fine now and i couldn't be happier to have him in my arms.
We named him after my Dad, who passed away 12 years ago, and one of his middle names will be after my grandfather, who passed shortly after. & the other is for his other poppy !
Cory Dennis Shawn Rice - Sheppard
This wittle prince is so loved & spoiled .
He has us wrapped around his little finger.
I live in a beautiful apartment with our little man, my amazing boyfriend Brandon, our cat Doobie.
my mouse boobie passed away early in the morning on Dec 19th 2012, after suffering from a stroke the night before. :'( <3 RIP my little furry baby.
ADD ME ON FACEBOOK.
inbox me and let me know you are from Baby gaga first please.
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.
I know I’m not your first love, but I hope I will be the last for you
A woman becomes a mother when she becomes pregnant. A man becomes a father when he first holds his child.
Name: Alisha Rice
Is this the first child?: Yes
ABOUT THE DADDY
Name: Brandon Sheppard
Is this the first child?: Yes
1. What day did you find out you were pregnant?: July 7th 2012
2. How did you feel when you found out?: Shocked, i took the test for no reason at all
3. Who was with you? My friend, Hailey
4. How did the daddy react?: he just stared at the test , not knowing what to say lol.
TELLING THE PARENTS
1. How did your parents react?: My mom asked me if i was pregnant because she "had a feeling" and i told her i found out the day before all she said was "Oh Shit." but shes more then excited now !
2. How did his parents react?: His mom was overjoyed, he didnt tell his dad until he went up away to work with him, i dont know how his dad reacted...
3. How often do they call to check on you?: My mom texts me 24/7 .. and his mom calls once in a blue moon...
ABOUT THE PREGNANCY
1. When is your due date?: March 25th 2012
2. How far along are you right now?: 17 weeks 3days
3. Have you had an ultra sound?: Yes, 2 actually
4. Have you heard the heartbeat?: We haven't heard it but I was able to see it on the second ultrasound
SEX OF THE BABY
1. What do you want. Boy or Girl?: I'm happy either way.
2. Do you know what you are having now?: Not yet.
3. Are you happy with what you are having?: we'll be happy as long as we just have a healthy baby
ABOUT THE BIRTH
1. Who is going to be with you?: My boyfriend, i would like my best friend to be with me, but my mom says she IS going to be there.
2. Are you going to video tape it?: no.
3. Natural or medicated? medicated, i am NOT good with pain.
4. Do you think you will have a c-section?: nawh.
5. Do you think you will cry when you first hold your baby?: yea.
6. Do you know what you will say to the baby when you first hold it?: Nope.
7. Are you scared about the labor? Yes
1. Do you have a name picked out?: Yup
2. Is your baby going to be named after anyone?: My dad if it is a boy.
3. Did the daddy help pick the name?: Nope.
OTHER RANDOM QUESTIONS
1. Where was your baby conceived?: Somewhere in my old apartment.
2. Have you felt the baby move?: i did
3. What was your first symptom?: i cried ! all the time. i would look at the cats and just BAWL my eyes out.
4. Will you have godparents?: Yes
5. What will the baby's race be ?: White
6. What is the babys room theme?: I'm thinking giraffes
7. Are you ready to be a mommy?: Absolutely
8. What do you think the baby will be a "daddys girl/boy" or a "mommys girl/boy"?: Both