I am 29yrs old and my family lives in Maryland (after were were stationed in Hawaii for 3yrs!). I have two children, Isaac, born 2/22/10 and Rose, born 12/19/11.
Isaac Thomas was born 2/22/10 at 9:16am, weighing 6lbs 4.8oz, 18inches long, and TONS of blond hair! He is currently 1 year old.
Rose Noreen was born 12/19/11 at 3:34am, weighing 7lbs 10.8oz, 20.1 inches long. She was a very quick delivery, with only 2hrs 14minutes between the time my water broke at home to when she was in my arms. I was in the middle of getting an epidural when she decided to wanted out NOW, so I had an un-medicated birth with her.
Birth story: http://forum.baby-gaga.com/about2050606.html
Updated pictures of the kids as of 12/25/11:
Dates for pregnancy with Rose:
- BPN (CD30)
- BFP!!!! (CD36)
- Took another HPT test (digital) just to confirm again I was pregnant
- Urine & Blood test at doctor - Positive! First OB appt scheduled for 5/9/11.
- Told the family (on Mother's Day!)
- First OB appointment. Did the usual weight (123lbs), breast and pap exam. Got to see the baby on their old machines and gave me a tentative date of 12/18! Need to make a schedule at a radiology place to get a dating sonogram. *Update: appointment scheduled for 5/17!
- Dating sonogram measured the baby at 9 weeks exactly, making my official due date December 20th, 2011. She said the heartbeat was 187. Next OB appointment is scheduled for 6/6/11.
- Regular OB appointment today. Heard the heartbeat and it was in the 150's. According to their scale, I lost weight and now at 119 (which is funny because the scale at home says I gained a few pounds and I eat ALL THE TIME). Next appointment is July 7th then after that I will get to schedule my anatomy scan! Also, they re-examined my dating sonogram and changed the due date to December 21st now. Getting closer and closer to Christmas..
- Regular OB appointment today. The doctor asked if I was feeling the baby yet and I said that I wasn't sure but showed her where I thought I was feeling them. She used the doppler in that location and found the heartbeat right away, which was in the 160's. My weight this time was 129 (10lbs since last time!! omg..). My next regular OB appointment is set for August 4th. I received a referral to have my anatomy scan and I have scheduled it for July 21st!
- Anatomy scan day! The tech said "Well, I think it's a girl because I don't see any boy parts." I saw three lines as well, so I am going with It's A Girl!!!
- Regular OB appointment in which nothing very exciting happened. Peed in cup, got weighed (now at 133 so I gained 4lbs), took blood pressure (normal), then once the OB got in, listened to the heartbeat. Baby sounds healthy but I forgot to ask what the heart-rate was. Oops! Next appointment scheduled for 9/2/11.
- Regular OB appointment
Now weighing in at 138 (so add another 5lbs for me, ugh!). The heartbeat was in the 150's. Talked to her about heartburn meds and how anything with magnesium in it is causing bad reactions, so I'm basically staying away from those (Zantac and Maalox as of right now) and sticking to Tums. My next appointment, scheduled for 9/30/11, is my glucose test and Rhogam shot, should be fun!
- Took the glucose drink at home then went to my appointment to have my blood drawn. I also got the Rogham shot as well as the flu shot (just call me the human pin-cushion lol). Blood pressure was fine and weighed 141 (s0 3lb gain from last time). The baby's heartbeat was in the 160's and I am measuring between 27-28wks- which is good since I am 28wks. My next appointment is in three weeks, on 10-21-11.
- Regular OB appointment today. Blood pressure is good and I gained another 4lbs (145 now). The heartbeat was good (I didnt get the rate though). My belly is measuring right at 31wks (which I am). She told me I passed my Gestational Diabetes (I scored a 90 out of 140) but I a little bit anemic so I have to start taking a low dosage of iron every couple of days. Other then that, all is well. I go back again int three weeks (11/9) then I will go again two weeks after that then I start my weekly appointments.
- Regular OB appointment. Blood pressure is good and I gained 4lbs (149 now). Heartbeat was in the 140's. It actually took them a bit to find the heartbeat because of the way she was positioned. She removed the doppler and we saw my stomach shift and then they were able to find it.. they said she was moving so we could hear her and she was a good girl haha. My next appointment is in two weeks, on 11/21. After that I start going in weekly! Next appt they will be doing the Group Strep B test as well as check my cervix.
- Regular OB appointment. I gained 2lbs in two weeks (not bad) bringing me to 151lbs now. Blood pressure, baby's heartbeat and belly measurement were all good. I met one of the physicians that actually delivers and she seemed nice. She did the Strep B swap and also checked my cervix. I am already at 1.5cm and 50% thinned out. I know this can stay this way for weeks and weeks, but I didn't get to 1.5cm with Isaac until I was 39wks. I start going to weekly appointments now
- Regular OB appointment. They had to take my blood pressure three times because the first two times was pretty high (122/92). At the end of the appointment it was back to normal though. I gained 3lbs in a week...I blame Thanksgiving haha! They checked me again and I am still 1.5cm but now 75% thinned out. Baby is measuring right on track at 37cm/wks and the heartbeat was 138 or so. I also tested positive for the Group Strep B test so I will have to have antibiotics during birth.
- Regular OB appointment. Gained another 1 pound (155lbs). Blood pressure was a bit high again but they had me lay on my left side and it instantly went to normal. She checked my cervix and there was no change since last week. I go again next Wednesday and I will be 39wks exactly. Funny story - the past three visits have all been with different OB's. My Regular OB doesn't deliver at the hospital I go to, so my last few appointments are with physicians that do deliver there. Each one of them has checked my cervix, so it's like "Hi. I'm so-n-so. Let's check your cervix!" haha!
- Regular OB appointment. I gained NO weight from last week!! I dont know how that happened, since I am bigger, but I'm not complaining. Again my blood pressure was a tad high, but not too high to where they are concerned. I got my cervix checked again and I am almost 4cm and 80% thinned out! So basically, any time now. Before she checked me, she offered to strip my membranes. I told her no, but if the baby wasnt here by next week, then I would go ahead do that. Next appointment (if I make it that far, which I doubt) is on 12/20 - the day before my due date!
- Water broke at home at 1:20am. Got to the hospital around 2:30. Had Rose at 3:34am!
- original due date and Rose is 2 days old!
Read my blog which is updated lots with baby info and pics!
Birthday - 6lbs, 4.8oz, 18.5 inches
2 Weeks - 7lbs, 2.5oz, 19.5 inches
1 Month (5wks) - 9lbs 2oz, 20.25 inches
2 Months (8wks) - 11lbs 7oz, 22.16inches
3 Months (13wks) - 13lbs 11oz; 24.75 inches
4 Months (17wks) - 14lbs 15oz; 25.63inches
5 Months (22wks) - 16lbs 8ox; 26.93inches
6 Months (6.5 months at appt - 28wks) - 17lbs 2.5oz; 26.75inches
8 Months (34wks) - 18lbs 5oz; 27.5inches
9 Months (39wks) - 19lbs 5oz; 28.25inches
1 Year (12/13months) - 22lbs 9oz; 30inches
16 months - 23.5lbs; 32inches (height measured wrong)
18 months - 24.8lbs; 31.5inches
Pregnancy info with Isaac:
BFP again! (it was a two-pack.. and I wanted to double check lol)
Confirmed by clinic I am pregnant. Made OB appointment for July 10th
First OB appointment: Confirmed pregnancy. Baby measured 6w4d, tentative due date of March 1st. Wants to re-check measurement in two weeks (July 24th).
Second OB appointment: Another U/S showed healthy, growing baby. Baby now measuring 9w1d!! 4-5days older then we originally thought. New official due date of February 25th set. Next appointment August 28th.
Third OB appointment: (Currently 14wks 1 day) got another u/s! I think my doctor just skips the Doppler and does only u/s..fine by me! I like getting monthly pictures of my baby lol. Baby growing well with a heartbeat in the 150 range. Baby was even moving on screen! So cute! Anatomy scan scheduled for September 24th (18wks!) at a different clinic then 4th OB appointment on September 30th.
Had my anatomy scan at 18wks today. We got to see LOTS of our little baby BOY!. Yup, thats right, A BOY! I am soooo excited! So far the baby it looking nice and healthy! I go back in 4 weeks because the baby was moving too much and they couldnt get good images of his heart lol Next OB appointment is Sept. 30th.
Regular OB appointment today. Weight gain is now up to 6lbs lol Doctor said that was right on track. Confirmed I can travel during 26-28wks to CA and PA. Took a quick peek via u/s to check on the heartbeat and he confirmed that the baby was a boy. Nothing much else in this appointment. Next on scheduled for October 23rd (day after 2nd anatomy scan appt).
Forgot to update this! But all appointments have gone well so far! Took my glucose test in early November and got 87 out of 140.. so I basically passed with flying colors
Regular OB appointment. Weight gain as of now 9 3/4lbs. Blood pressure is normal. Got my Rhogam shot. Checked height of belly and I am right at 29cm, which equals my 29wks. Baby is head down (yay!) and everything looks good. Next appointment is for January 6th (32wks!)
: Regular OB appointment. Weight gain was 3lbs so my total weight gain to date is 12 3/4lbs! Not to bad
Blood pressure was good and the height of my belly was 32cm (matches the number of weeks) so all is good. Baby is still head down. On January 20th I go in for my first Fetal Monitoring, and my doctor will be doing that once a week until the baby is here!
Regular OB appointment with an NST scan. First part was being hooked up to monitors to track baby's movement and heartbeat. Within 6 minutes he did the recommended amount of movement LOL but they still had me stay hooked up the full 20 minutes. Then I met with my OB. He measured my fundal height and it was measuring small, at 32 weeks (i'll be 35wks tomorrow), so he did a quick u/s. Turns out the baby flipped and is now breech
!! ugh! But it explains the pain in my cervix.. he's been KICKING It! Almost non-stop it seems. And lastly, they did an estimated weight and he is currently at 5lbs 15oz! ... Though the doctor said that these estimate are usually never accurate and wouldn't bank on that that is his real weight right now. But the baby is growing and doing well, so thats all that matters. Next appointment is January 27th for another NST and OB appointment (this will become a weekly thing).
Regular OB appointment with NST scan. Scan went well, though I almost has to re-take it because the baby decided to not do anything until almost the end, but it was enough to satisfy my doctor. Blood pressure was normal and I gained 2lbs since my last weigh-in, which was 2 weeks ago, putting me at about 15lbs weight gain total. The doctor measured my Fundal height and I was 34.5cm, which is still a little small, but he isn't concerned yet (it should have been closer to 36). Did a quick ultrasound and found that the baby is head down again! YAY! I am keeping my fingers crossed that he stays that way! I also had to the Group Strep B swab done (wasn't horrible) and will get those results in next week. Next appointment is Friday, Feb 5th!
Had to do the NST scan twice because the first time the baby wasn't very active (he was most likely sleeping). They gave me candy and ice to munch on and he was much better. He is still head down and plenty of fluid in the sac still (yay!). Blood pressure was normal and I gained 5lbs in a week! Total weight gain is about 20lbs. Next appointment is February 12th.
NST scan went well the first time. I brought some cold water to sip and that got him moving, plus he got the hiccups. Doctor checked my cervix today. Didn't really hurt but was a tad uncomfortable. He said I was still closed but thinning out. Baby has been moving ever since and my stomach is starting to hurt/feel tender from that. Confirmed baby is still head down just by feeling the head in my pelvic bone. My blood pressure is still good and I gained another 2.5lbs. Next appointment is February 19th.
All is well, just waiting for the baby. No added weight gain. NST scan went good. Dilated to 1.5cm (was just at 0.5, but while being checked the doctor kinda stretched me and made me another 1cm lol).
: Mucus plug lost + water broke about 3 hours later!!!
: Isaac Thomas was born!!!!
: Due date.. Isaac is already 3 days old!
Growing Belly Pics from when I was pregnant with Isaac