Kelsey [kel-sea] Evans; featuring...
My world changed an hour and thirty-one minutes past my due date, when the strangest, most beautful being in the entire universe was thrust into the world and placed apon my chest. Her name is Echo Somer Indigo
. I'd picked out Echo from Greek mythology when I first found out I was pregnant, she definetly fits the description of the mountain nymph, she loves her own voice! Somer is in memory of my partners mother, who died in a car crash when he was a child. She is simply precious, I love every smile, her soft hair, the dimple in her cheek, her big Hazel eyes...I'd never change a thing.
Update!: She is now ! year old. I am available on Facebook (see, kelsey evans) and I am a great support for natural parenters, breastfeeders, cloth nappiers, vegans & vegetarians, natural remedy anti vacc mums. I am full of recipes for healthy toddler/baby eating!
[ it's a long story, but basically I was extremely ill and was told I had bulimia, anorexia and extreme dehydration and no amount of blood tests or HPT's would come up positive until noticed I was getting a belly at about 4 1/2 months. ]
20th of August -
doctors app. estimated 4-5 months.
21st August -
first ultrasound scan, for dating purposes (to see how far along I was) turns out I'm 19 weeks! it's a girl (:
31st August -
2nd ultrasound scan, better one for details and measurements. baby measured in at same date, but 5 renal cysts were found on one kidney.
2nd September -
Doctors app. getting referral to a pediatrician for further examination.
10 September -
I lactated for the first time! (leaked, whatever haha) ahh shocked haha... (TMI sorry 'P)
16 September -
Hospital app for kidney cysts...specialist said baby should be fine, getting monitored every month though. still wanting that homebirth! breasts getting bigger now, leaking more, craving bland, staple food, stomach getting big!
- Doctors app, no results, unprofessional as usual. wants to book me in for antenatal checkups, and hasn't helped with booking hospy as backup at all even though I was told afterwards her 'nurse' was saying she was the one who would be doing it, not us.
- Baby shower
- Doctors app, already sent hospital referral. -_-
- 2nd Hospital ultrasound scan, everything looking good. kidney isn't any worse, seems to be fine. she now weighs 2 pounds!!
- first Antenatal app. may have a UTI
- Antenatal for bloods etc (last ones were "lost" apparently), glucose testing. waiting on results. heartbeat normal, blood pressure fine. apparently she was the most active baby doctor had seen all day!
- Renal specialist app. organising after birth baby ultrasounds in local hospital.
10th November -
3rd antenatal app. (missed due to no transport/cold)
- 3rd and LAST hospital ultrasound...her kidney is almost gone! good news!!
- rebooked antenatal app, all good. baby kicked doppler out of the way! she doesn't like the sound of her heartbeat
glucose test was good. baby's dropped already, as if she wasn't low enough
- antenatal app. talked birth plan etc, everythings fine. 36 weeks bloods. checking iron levels.
31st December -
antenatal app, iron tests came back much higher, everything fine.
- cramping, bloody show
- head even further down, they say I don't have much longer to go.
- mild contractions, headed to hospital for checkup, 8cms dilated already!
16th January, 1:31am
- she's here! 7lbs, 51cms. dark brown hair, blue eyes. }
(everything on here is what I am or strive to be, especially in terms of birth/parenting. I apologise if I have offended you in any way.)