It's about time for a 400 Facebook Fan Giveaway!
Please "share" my page (linked above) with your friends for your chance to win. Winner will be randomly selected once we reach 400 fans. Ask if you have any questions and GOOD LUCK!!
*Also make sure to let your friends know about my current special*
Through 5/20/2013 all custom printables are just $10.00. This means ANY custom design (ordered before 5/20) from start to finish with all your specifics! A completely custom order for a great price!
I am also offering any pre-made design in my store for only $5.00 so if you see an example that you like I will input all of your party info for only $5.00.
I am absolutely and 100% against infant circumcision.
I, however, respect your personal opinion on the matter and don't really care if you are pro-circ or anti-circ. My being anti-circ is my own personal preference. My only hope for anyone having a little boy is to get educated on the subject and make an informed decision before having/not having your son circumcised.
Here are some facts regarding circumcision that most parents are unaware of.
- About 117 boys die each year in the United States as a result of their circumcision, most from infections or blood loss.1
- The U.S. circumcision rate is steadily declining. In 2002 it was 65%, 56% in 2006, 54.5% in 2009,2 and 32% in 2010.3
- Circumcision is a heated issue, and the circumcision controversy has become a full-fledged human rights movement, making it even more important that parents become better informed.
- Most physicians do not have their sons circumcised.4 Why not, if circumcision is medically advisable? Since most have performed the surgery as part of their training, they are the ones who should know more about its consequences than anyone else.
- Physicians are biased toward circumcision. Circumcised doctors are 5 times more likely to recommend circumcision to patients.5
- Contrary to frequent claims, infants do feel pain as intensely as adults, and very possibly even more.6
- Circumcision regularly removes a shocking 3/4 of the penis’ sensitivitythrough the removal of the ridged band, foreskin “lips,” and most often the entire frenulum.7
- Anesthesia is used in only 45% of circumcisions; the type of anesthetic varies.8 The most effective method does not eliminate all pain, and the most common type used, a topical creme, does almost nothing to reduce it. In fact, a major clinical test of the various types of anesthetics, on actual infants, was halted for humane reasons because of the intense pain.9
- As adults, men circumcised in infancy are almost 5 times more likely to be diagnosed with erectile dysfunction (ED). 10 11
- Circumcised men and boys are 60% more likely to suffer fromalexithymia, a psychological trait disorder which causes difficulty in identifying and expressing one’s emotions, which can lead to difficulties in sustaining relationships.12
- The complication rate for circumcision varies from 3 to 6 percent. The average male will have more health problems from being circumcised than from being left alone.13
- Circumcision has never been proven to be effective in either reducing or treating cervical cancer, penile cancer, urinary tract infections, or sexually transmitted diseases including HIV/AIDS.14
- Not one medical association in America, or anywhere else in the world, recommends infant circumcision; some even recommend against it.15 At no time in its 75 years has the American Academy of Pediatrics ever recommended infant circumcision.