Been married to my high school sweetheart for over 6 years. I've always been very goal-oriented and had a "plan" for everything in my life from graduating college, getting married, buying a home, and waiting a few years before trying to make our dream of becoming parents someday come true. Last year, we found out some news that made us feel as though our dream of parenthood was crushed: I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). For several years, my husband and I weren't "trying" but we preventing, either. We had the "if it happens, it happens" attitude. It never happened. We didn't think much about it, except that we were good at missing my ovulation. I've had a lot of crazy symptoms over the past few years that I finally went to the doctor about and long story short, the diagnosis is PCOS. We decided to go ahead and officially start trying. My doctor put me on clomid 50mg on CD5-9 for six months. Nothing happened. We were crushed. We were in the middle of getting other fertility tests done in January/February 2012... when...
SURPRISE! WE ARE FINALLY EXPECTING A LITTLE BUNDLE OF JOY, DUE OCTOBER 23, 2012!
We are soooo excited!
Is this the first child?: Yes
Is this the first child?: Yes
1. What day did you find out you were pregnant?: 2/16/2012
2. How did you feel when you found out?: Excited and I couldn't believe it was true!
3. Who was with you? My Husband
4. How did the daddy react?: He was sooo excited!
TELLING THE PARENTS
1. How did your parents react?: Both my parents were very excited!
2. How did his parents react?: Same as mine, overjoyed!
3. How often do they call to check on you?: Pretty regularly.
ABOUT THE PREGNANCY
1. When is your due date?: Was 10/17/12 at first, adjusted to 10/23/12
2. How far along are you right now?: 10 Weeks and 5 days
3. Have you had an ultra sound?: Yes, two.
4. Have you heard the heartbeat?: yes, the first ultrasound it was 109 (it was still early) and second ultrasound it was 171!
SEX OF THE BABY
1. What do you want. Boy or Girl?: Either one, as long as it's healthy!
2. Do you know what you are having now?: No
3. Are you happy with what you are having?: I will be thrilled either way!
ABOUT THE BIRTH
1. Who is going to be with you?: My husband.
2. Are you going to video tape it?: No.
3. Natural or medicated? Undecided.
4. Do you think you will have a c-section?: Not sure.
5. Do you think you will cry when you first hold your baby?: Of course!
6. Do you know what you will say to the baby when you first hold it?: I may not be able to talk from crying! lol.
7. Are you scared about the labor? A little but I know it will be worth it in the end!
1. Do you have a name picked out?: Sort of do for a girl, don't have one for a boy yet.
2. Is your baby going to be named after anyone?: No
3. Did the daddy help pick the name?: Yes.
OTHER RANDOM QUESTIONS
1. Where was your baby conceived?: At our house.
2. Have you felt the baby move?: Not yet.
3. What was your first symptom?: Just that my period was (unusually) late.
4. Will you have godparents?: Not sure.
5. What will the baby's race be ?: White
6. What is the babys room theme?: Idk yet.
7. Are you ready to be a mommy?: I think so.
8. What do you think the baby will be a "daddys girl/boy" or a "mommys girl/boy"?: Both I hope!